Training after working all day has its perks but I always found myself running into an issue, I felt sluggish going into class. I did not want to take traditional pre-workouts that I use for everyday gym use because I did not want to experience the jitters and wanted to be able to get some sleep after I got home. I found myself getting smashed or in some cases going through the motions when I trained because I lacked the focus and energy needed to get me through the rolls. You could imagine how this is a huge problem. I want to stay as healthy as possible so I can continue to train at a high level, I cannot afford to go into the gym feeling this way. I recently discovered Mat Fuel on my TikTok ‘for you’ page through an influencer I followed in the space!
In this article, we will be reviewing the BJJ pre-workout supplement Mat Fuel and discussing the benefits we have received from taking it! Mat Fuel is one of the best BJJ supplements that we have taken to date and makes our training sessions feel extremely productive.
Mat Fuel: BJJ Energy Supplement Review
What is Mat Fuel?
Mat Fuel is a supplement crafted specifically for Brazilian Jiu-jitsu practitioners and athletes. The best supplements for BJJ are ones that make your jiu-jitsu training sessions feel a night-a-day difference. Mat Fuel gives you the added energy and focus that you need to get the most out of training.
We stumbled across the supplement on TikTok from an influencer in the space and reached out to the company to try it out! They have been generous enough to give out free samples of the product so we could try it before we bought it!
Normally I train after I get off from my day job at about 6 pm. By this time I have exerted most of my energy because I normally wake up around 7 am to start working on my website before I clock into the day job at 9 am. We have been using Mat Fuel to help us get that push-through on our workouts and we have been feeling lights-out on the mats since using the product.
Matfuel has given us the extra push we needed to get the most out of our evening classes and I know it is allowing me to get closer to my full potential with the sport! I love training in jiu-jitsu. Even though I love doing this before mat fuel there were days we would get off work and feel extremely sluggish going on the mats. Now we just take two capsules and we are good to go!
Matfuel uses essential amino acids and branched-chain amino acids to provide you with that extra push in those early morning or late-night training sessions.
Below we will discuss the benefits we have felt since using the product but first let’s dive into who created the product and how it was formulated!
Who Started Matfuel?
Nick Blanton started this company sometime in February but was taking some version of the supplement over the past two years. Over this period, he was testing and trying to perfect the formula of mat fuel so it would provide a steady level of focus and energy and not cause jitters like many other pre-workouts out on the market.
Blanton previously worked for a supplement company and is using his knowledge and experience to help BJJ athletes worldwide!
Whether you are like us and find yourself training at night or if you are an early bird and get your training done in the morning, MatFuel is an excellent choice to get yourself ready for your time spent on the mats!
What Are Other People Saying?
Before we tried out the product for ourselves we made sure to do some research on our own and found out that the reviews of the product were very positive! You can check out the reviews on their site and most of them seem to be very honest and helpful!
So far we have been going through our free sample and enjoy what we are getting out of the product!
Ingredients of Matfuel
Here is an image of the ingredients found inside Mat Fuel:
- INCREASES ENDURANCE FOR BJJ. It won’t help your skill level, but it will help you perform what you already know to the best of your ability. You will be able to roll harder and faster than usual without feeling overwhelmed.
- DECREASES PERCEIVED LEVEL OF EXERTION (doesn’t feel like you’re trying hard). This special pre-workout blend is focused on boosting endurance and brain function, not strength and power. It feels nothing like typical pre-workouts.
- NO CRASH OR JITTERY FEELINGS. It is designed so you can feel great taking it every day, which is NOT the case with other pre-workouts.
- CLEARER THINKING AND BETTER DECISION-MAKING. Since Matfuel energizes the brain as well as the body, you’ll think faster, remember things better, and make better decisions while rolling.
- CONTAINS CAFFEINE from the Guarana Extract. If you take the full 5 capsules, it contains 88mg of caffeine – less than a cup of coffee. Each capsule will contain about 17mg of coffee, so 3 capsules would be similar to a cup of tea.
Benefits of Using (How We Felt Using the Supplement)
- Added energy that we needed to stay focused during the training session
- Easy to take
- A short list of ingredients
- No Crash
- No Jitters
- Free Sample to test it out
- The serving size says 3-5 capsules but we are fine with just taking two
- If you take this for regular weightlifting use it will not be as effective
Matfuel has been an awesome add-on to our list of BJJ supplements that we take to be at our best when we are training jiu-jitsu. The BJJ pre-workout company is generous enough to let you test out the product before you have to purchase an order for yourself! We intend to keep taking these supplements to help us get the most out of our nighttime training! Try one of the best supplements for BJJ practitioners today!
Designed in line with the latest sport science and nutrition research to help you perform and feel your best. Every formula is critiqued and revised in accordance with feedback from independent scientific advisors to ensure proper efficiency.
FUEL YOUR BODY. FOCUS YOUR MIND.
You show up every day, even when it's hard – because you know there's no shortcut. You're on The Path - a personal journey to get smarter, stronger, smarter, healthier – better. Nobody said it would be easy. One thing is certain: you need the right fuel.
500mg of sodium per serving to support hydration and performance.